The Best Banana Bread (or as Jolie calls it “the BBB”)
2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour or flour of your choice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
12/ tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. allspice, ground (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup earth balance buttery spread or oil of choice
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 bananas, medium sized
1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground flax seed, light brown (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease or spray an 8 inch loaf pan.
3) In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice. Stir to combine.
4) In a food processor with S blade, combine earth balance, 2 sugars, flax seed if using, vanilla and buttermilk mixture. Blend well to combine. Add bananas and pulse just enough to chop into the mix.
5) Add the four mixture and pulse just enough to combine. Pulse in the chopped walnuts if using at the end. (try not to over-mix the batter).
6) Pour into prepared ban and bake about 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Let cool completely before slicing.
Can also mix this by hand, mash bananas with a fork, etc…